Material design of bending stiffener
Since flexible tubing and cable bending stiffener devices need to be used in marine environments for a long time, and at the same time, they are mainly installed on flexible tubing cables for dynamic applications. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the materials used for the anti-bending devices can meet the above two conditions. Generally, the selection of anti-bending device materials mainly considers the following factors:
1. Modulus of elasticity: The modulus of elasticity is the main factor affecting the stiffness of the bend stabilizer. Therefore, the bend stabilizer that exerts excessive rigidity on the flexible tubing cable must not only have a reasonable shape and size, but also ensure that the material used is ideal The modulus of elasticity.
2. Hardness: For the anti-bend device, it is likely to be impacted and frictional by hard objects during the inspection and service in place from the factory. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that the hardness of the material used in the anti-bend device meets certain indicators. .
3. Density: The density of the material used in the anti-bending device determines its own weight. At the same time, in the design process of the connector, the self-weight of the anti-bending device should be fully considered.
4. Water absorption: Since flexible tubing and cable bend stabilizers are mainly used in marine environments, if the water absorption is strong, it will not only increase the weight of the bend stabilizer, but also affect the bending performance of the bend stabilizer itself.
5. Corrosion resistance: Corrosion resistance is an important performance required by the material used in the anti-bending device. The anti-bend device will be in contact with seawater for a long time during the in-position service, and seawater is corrosive. If the material used in the anti-bend device does not meet the anti-corrosion requirements, it will cause serious problems during the in-position service. Corrosion damage phenomenon.
6. Wear resistance: Under the action of cyclic loads such as wind, waves and currents, serious friction and wear will occur between it and the flexible pipe cable. Therefore, the excellent wear resistance of the material used in the bend preventer is to ensure that the bend preventer is safe in place The basis of operation.
More information please contact us for free!